There has been an increase of 1,037 Covid cases in Wiltshire in the last reported week.
In the week to July 17, the latest weekly period available, cases have reached a total of 2,056 in the Wiltshire Council area, an increase of 1,037 more than the previous week.
The rate of new cases is now 411.2 per 100,000.
No deaths in the past week
Wiltshire recorded no deaths within 28 days of a positive test between July 16 and July 22.
Since May 21, Wiltshire has only had two recorded deaths where Covid is listed on the death certificate as a cause of death, according to the Government’s coronavirus dashboard.
Two patients having tested positive for Covid died in Salisbury Hospital earlier this month.
One patient was in her 80s and the other patient was in his 60s, and both had underlying health conditions.
These were the first Covid-related deaths at the hospital since May 2.
Between July 12 and July 18, seven people in Wiltshire went into a Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust hospital with coronavirus.
There were four Covid patients in hospital with the virus on July 20, none of whom were on a ventilator.
Wiltshire areas with the most cases
The area figures are available on a map on the Government’s dashboard which breaks down infections into Middle Super Output Areas (MSOAs), small areas with an average population of around 7,200.
For each MSOA, the map shows the number of cases in the latest weekly period, any change compared to the week before and the case rate per 100,000 people.
Below are some of the Wiltshire areas with the most cases in the seven days to July 17:
- Tidworth & Ludgershall (119 cases, +36 on previous week; case rate of 658.0)
- Amesbury (91 cases, +68 on previous week; case rate of 736.6)
- Bowerhill, Atworth & Whitley (71 cases, +11 on previous week; case rate of 622.0)
- Devizes East (67 cases, +40 on previous week; case rate of 609.6)
- Westbury (63 cases, +30 on previous week; case rate of 431.1)
- Laverstock, Bodenham & Coombe Bissett (48 cases, +31 on previous week; case rate of 529.1)
- Durrington & Bulford (38 cases, +23 on previous week; case rate of 614.1)
- Market Lavington & Bishops Cannings (34 cases, +16 on previous week; case rate of 416.3)
- Warminster East (33 cases, +23 on previous week; case rate of 582.9)
- Salisbury Churchfields (32 cases, +14 on previous week; case rate of 474.6)
- Great Wishford, Woodford Valley & Porton (26 cases, +21 on previous week; case rate of 406.1)
You can find the latest figures on hospitalisations and deaths in your area by typing your postcode into the coronavirus dashboard: coronavirus.data.gov.uk
For Wiltshire-wide data, click here.
Get more Salisbury news.
If you want online news with fewer ads, unlimited access and reader rewards – plus a chance to support our local journalism – find out more about registering or a digital subscription.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your comments, pictures, letters and news stories.