These are the areas in Wiltshire with the fewest Covid cases.
Salisbury Stratford, which includes Castle Road and Stratford Road, and East Harnham were two areas with fewer than 3 cases.
The figures for Wiltshire are available on a map on the Government’s dashboard which breaks down infections into Middle Super Output Areas (MSOAs), small areas with an average population of around 7,200.
For each MSOA, the map shows the number of cases in the latest weekly period, any change compared to the week before and the case rate per 100,000 people.
Rising infections, driven by the spread of the Delta variant, previously known as the Indian variant, have been recorded across all parts of the UK.
In the week to June 23, the latest weekly period available, 365 new cases were recorded in the Wiltshire Council area, 140 more than the previous week.
The rate of new cases is now 73 per 100,000.
However, the Government website’s UK Coronavirus dashboard reports a fall in deaths within 28 days of a positive test compared with this time last year.
On Saturday, June 26, there were 2 deaths reported nationally compared with 41 on the same date last year.
This comes as the new Health Secretary Sajid Javid announced yesterday that he plans to start easing lockdown restrictions on July 19, and that this easing be “irreversible” as “no date we choose comes with zero risk for Covid”.
These are the areas in Wiltshire with the fewest cases:
- Downton & Morgan’s Vale (4 cases, +2 on previous week; case rate of 49.8)
- Salisbury Bemerton (4 cases, same as previous week; case rate of 58.7)
- Potterne & Rowde (4 cases, +2 on previous week; case rate of 47.2)
- Great Wishford, Woodford Valley & Porton (4 cases, +2 on previous week; case rate of 62.5)
- Netheravon & Upavon (3 cases, +1 on previous week; case rate of 53.1)
- Market Lavington & Bishops Cannings (3 cases, +1 on previous week; case rate of 36.7)
- Wylye Valley (3 cases, +1 on previous week; case rate of 46.6)
These are the areas with fewer than 3 cases:
- Salisbury Stratford
- Salisbury East Harnham
- Bedwyn, Burbage & Collingbourne
- Dilton Marsh & Bratton
- Steeple Ashton, North Bradley & Southwick
Get more Salisbury news.
If you want online news with fewer ads, unlimited access and reader rewards – plus a chance to support our local journalism – find out more about registering or a digital subscription.
Email email@example.com with your comments, pictures, letters and news stories.